One of the miracles of the modern era is the reliability of the power grid. An understanding of how a utility operates will not only allow a better understanding of how the electricity we use daily is generated and transported to our homes and businesses, but will provide insight into how alternative technologies such as Smart Grids and Demand Response will change the way we think of power generation, transmission, and distribution.
- How does a utility transmit and distribute electricity?
- How is the electric power generated?
- What is Demand Response?
- How is deregulation related to utility markets?
- Who is the CAISO and what function does it perform?
- What is a Smart Meter and how does it relate to the Smart Grid?
- What is the Renewable Portfolio Standard?
- What technologies will have the greatest impact going forward? Come join us for this special EcoGreen Group meeting.
Thursday Morning Meeting, May 07, 2015 8:00am - 9:45am
Free! No reservations are required, but we would appreciate if you sign up on our Meetup site.
Saratoga Federated Church, Richards Hall 20390 Park Place, Saratoga, CA 95070
Enter on west side, corner of Oak Place and Saratoga-Los Gatos Rd (Hiway 9).
Tony Green enjoys using his technical background to help people solve problems in fascinating applications which he hopes will make the world a better place in the long run. His career has included roles in application/project engineering and sales/marketing in the alternative energy, environmental,, and utility industries. Tony served as a Sales Engineer for a manufacturer's representative who worked with utility engineers in Northern California and Northern Nevada in specifying power transformers, transmission cables and other high voltage equipment.